• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was below 30F yesterday and today when I left the house to ride to work. Yesterday I was running late, in a hurry and forgot to close all of the zippers on my Roadcrafter. For once I was thankful my commute is only 3.5 miles. I did not make the same mistake today. Vermont is at peak spring foliage, the sight tourists don't see, new pale green buds opening, starting at the valley floors and moving up the hillsides. This is one of my favorite times of the year.

I have the same stripped head on my 2012 right side.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I just changed my oil and noticed that the right side allen head on my cowl had a spot of rust in the divot. It wasn't stripped though. This might shed some light on the phenomenon.

Also, I have a similar pipe wrench. Now I know I don't have to remove that cowl to change my oil. This is a good day.

Cleaned the bike (wash, polish, wax) over the weekend; getting it ready for the KSL 9-doing so probably guarantees running into rain on the way there. Going to leave work early Wednesday (noonish) and ride down instead of waiting for Thursday morning. Going to ride some roads down I have never been on-if time looks like it is going to get short (don't want to be riding the dragon at night) I can always hit an Interstate and make up time....

HAH... All of our bikes were probably assembled by the same Dude. I'm also sure it was either on a late Friday afternoon or possibly early on a monday morning.... :{

Last edited:
Found a limitation to the frunk. Purchased my limit of two 5-quart jugs of Mobil 1 oil and two filters for the mail in rebate. Only one jug would fit. I bet if they were gallon size I could have squeezed them in. Had to use the web-bungee to tie one to the back seat.
$17 rebate on 5 quarts and a filter. It's two, half-price oil changes for the CR-V!

Checked the spark plugs for damage/fouling because I didn't do a remap of the bike (only reset ECU) after changing to a decat for a while.
Seems fine to me:
pY4FkzVm.jpg

Then installed them and torqued them to 22Nm

Checked the spark plugs for damage/fouling because I didn't do a remap of the bike (only reset ECU) after changing to a decat for a while.
Seems fine to me:
pY4FkzVm.jpg

Then installed them and torqued them to 22Nm

How do you like the de-cat system? Which did you go with?

How do you like the de-cat system? Which did you go with?
Great sound, lower top speed (well yeah it climbs more difficult than before), probably because I still run the stock air filter. Maybe I'll change it to K&N later and reset it again. I went with the Blackwidow decat pipe.

I ordered some new goodies for it!! A Skid plate i purchased from here was scheduled to be delivered today, its not here yet...Thanks USPS!! Ordered new crash bars, Rear luggage/carrier rack, armor jeans and front fender extender!! Come on mail service!! :{)

Loaded it up on the trailer......to head to Stecoah, NC, leaving at 2AM Thursday. See you guys at the KS Campground Thursday evening'ish.
mark444 (Moto-Kafe)

Rode into work; going to leave around 11am and start ride to Stecoah. Havent made up my mind to superslab it or ride back highways or a little of both...

Yesterday I did some great riding on the gravel Citico Road in SE Tennessee. Got to a place I could see US 129 just across the Chilhowee Dam, but the GPS said it was 35 road miles to get there! So I did and rode the Tail of the Dragon to get my picture taken 5 times. Then rode the Cherohala Skyway in the rain. Had it all to myself! The fog hanging in the valleys was pretty. Love the smell of the forest in the rain.

Got to ksl after 8 hours in the saddle. 30 miles in the rain but it felt good. No rain on the dragon and had it to myself...

Sent from my Z917VL using Tapatalk

Rode it to work this morning. As I walked to the door, a duck went storming out of the bushes, flapping and squaking and flew away. Scared the crap out of me. Turns out she made a nest right there in the bush by the entrance. Hope those eggs hatch quick. I feel bad that she is disturbed every time someone comes or goes.

A while back I had a pretty good sized puncture in my very low miles PR4 rear, was able to shove about 4 plugs in, inflate it and made it the 50 miles home. Shortly after that my 2018 Goldwing came in so the NC got to sit in the garage for a few weeks, finally got around to checking the tire ... and it was down to 20 lbs. :(
Got some Ride On and installed it, aired up and went for a 20 mile ride to get it spread around the tire. Checked it today, 20 lbs again. For whatever reason the angle of the hole or something isn't allowing it to be sealed. Going to have to crack open the wallet and get a new mate for the just as low miles front PR4. Oh well, what you gonna do?

Grey1one, how far from the centerline was the puncture? What I found was that with the prescribed amount or RideOn installed, it only covers maybe a 2.5 inch wide strip of goo inside the tire. The rest of the inside of the tire is bone dry.

It's only about an inch off of the centerline, but I'm not going to try anything else. I did a bunch of weaving and leaning side to side trying to get good coverage on the ride after installing it. Tires are too important a safety item for me.
Luckily I am in a position where I can replace it without breaking the bank.
Though it looks like I may be going with an R5, the PR4s are even more expensive for some reason.

Been getting things ready to head north. I'm doing a ride report over on advrider. It's in the day trippin... Just look for lobster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back