• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the bike out Saturday for a nice ride. Rode it to Clarksville Indiana to watch a movie. After the movie, took back roads up to Henryville; filled up with gas and 2 guys on crotch rockets pulled in-talked to them, pretty Honda cbr650 and a triumph 6xx. After I left the gas station, rode thru the clark state forest over to the shooting range-watched some guy trying to hit a target 50 yards away with his Glock (really, dude, if you shoot someone 50 yards away, you cant claim self protection-unless they are shooting back)-never hit the target...jeesh...then road out of the forestry on the north side via a gravel road-helped scrub in the new tire (including the curves in the forestry).. Yesterday, not so much-took my mom to church (she gets me in church 3 times a year-her bday, Easter, and Mother's day), it was her bday (79 years); took her out for lunch (stormed hard while we were eating), bought her some new eye glasses. By the time I got home, had to do housekeeping chores-while I was folding laundry, looked out front window and saw either an nc7xxx go by-same color as mine-didnt know anybody in my area had one (live out in the boonies, so either a local or someone doing a cut-thru).... anyone on here riding in Scott Co, Washington Co Indiana yesterday?

On my way home I stopped to take pictures next to San Luis reservoir
e3f671a3eb7b3eb6a70dec1492fdeee2.jpg
9b01cf914f6eabff38f9f584edbdfccc.jpg
a09edc17e5a6e5edbe8818d757cf89f8.jpg
7d3bc168c72e1ab440ac2455aa9c9cbb.jpg
535783aa37c5620a53830f30dd1da4d9.jpg
ad66956749bf62e92a6dbadb9efdc103.jpg
64816c5baa720fccb759efda2a829027.jpg

I cleaned my chain today, then rode to Wal-mart. I managed to ride to work all 5 days this week, putting another 500 miles on the bike. Plus rode to my parents house yesterday for another 75 or so miles round trip. All in all I would much rather be riding on twisty mountain roads that in rush hour traffic. Sunday was no better since the I-10 was closed forcing all traffic off to find alternate routes which somehow the highway patrol just does not care about. I sat at a traffic light for a dozen changes while cars flew by in the left turn lane only to discover that they want to go straight, then did anyway.

My greatest wish is for the cops around here to stop sitting on their a:eek::confused::mad:s on the side of the road waiting for someone stupid to trip their radar and start dealing with the people that block traffic and/or cause collisions. </rantover>

I cleaned my chain today, then rode to Wal-mart. I managed to ride to work all 5 days this week, putting another 500 miles on the bike. Plus rode to my parents house yesterday for another 75 or so miles round trip. All in all I would much rather be riding on twisty mountain roads that in rush hour traffic. Sunday was no better since the I-10 was closed forcing all traffic off to find alternate routes which somehow the highway patrol just does not care about. I sat at a traffic light for a dozen changes while cars flew by in the left turn lane only to discover that they want to go straight, then did anyway.

My greatest wish is for the cops around here to stop sitting on their a:eek::confused::mad:s on the side of the road waiting for someone stupid to trip their radar and start dealing with the people that block traffic and/or cause collisions. </rantover>
One of the few things I like about California, legal lane splitting [emoji1360]
I've found police are pretty lax with splitting in other states if your not a jerk about it, the good news is other states are opening up to the idea

Went for a ride with a friend. Not for as long as I had hoped since a) a mid-ride visit stretched out and b) his Scout was leaking coolant like crazy.
Came home, thankful for no leaks, and waxed the chain.

Finally brought it out of winter hibernation last night. Quick check around and a 20 minute sunset ride, then got it ready for the morning commute. Today - rode to work. So good to be back on 2 wheels after a long winter! Could have happened already except the planets didn't align and had to do the morning school run!

One of the few things I like about California, legal lane splitting [emoji1360]
I've found police are pretty lax with splitting in other states if your not a jerk about it, the good news is other states are opening up to the idea

It looks like it may be dead in the water here but 'lane filtering' is still on the table. I'm not sure I want to do lane filtering (passing stopped cars at red lights) because there is always someone at the front of the light that needs to prove that you shouldn't be in front of them. On the other hand I often find myself 'stuck' behind people that just want to get to the stop light quick so they can finish their text, then sit there until I blow the horn.

Limited lane splitting would be incredibly welcome here because the spot that the carpool lane backs up every rush hour there is already a motorcycle-sized lane between the carpool lane and the next lane.

It looks like it may be dead in the water here but 'lane filtering' is still on the table. I'm not sure I want to do lane filtering (passing stopped cars at red lights) because there is always someone at the front of the light that needs to prove that you shouldn't be in front of them. On the other hand I often find myself 'stuck' behind people that just want to get to the stop light quick so they can finish their text, then sit there until I blow the horn.

Limited lane splitting would be incredibly welcome here because the spot that the carpool lane backs up every rush hour there is already a motorcycle-sized lane between the carpool lane and the next lane.
I'm planning on moving to Washington in a year or so and they're having the same problem, from what I've read it sounds like people who've never ridden are writing the proposed law without understanding what they're writing about. (Passing on the shoulder of the center divide instead of between lanes, that's nuts)
Ultimately on the street it's going to end up being decided by an officers discretion. It's not as simple as running a red light or going faster than the posted speed limit, unsafe vs safe riding has a lot to do with the traffic around you and it's hard to prove guilt or innocence after the fact.

I sit on the sidelines and watch the lane splitting debates. In my nearly 250,000 miles of riding in 45 years, I don’t think I ever encountered a situation where I would even have split lanes if I could. I simply don’t live and don’t ride in or to areas that have traffic congestion so bad that lane splitting would be necessary or possible. I realize people who deal with dense traffic on a daily basis wish the whole country would get on board with lane splitting, but there’s a good many of us that have no need for it and couldn’t do it even if it was legal.

Washington Bill # 5623, i believe it was a trail for a certain time and ended July 31st 2018. I dunno if anything else has happened to allow a continuance... :{)

Rode to work the past two days. Today is colder, so I’m going to drive and run errands afterwards. Tomorrow is more snow. Yuck! Friday is monsoons.
Glad I got a few days in this week.

JT

Random day to book off work, but I had holiday owed to me and if you don't use it, you lose it. So, this afternoon, I enjoyed spring sunshine and rode 84 miles along minor roads, single lane carriageways and dirt tracks - from Lymington to Salisbury and back. Beautiful...

Gassed it up for a possible ride on Monday.

We've had an actual winter so weather has been changeable.

But everything being nice and green is worth it when we do get out.

... from what I've read it sounds like people who've never ridden are writing the proposed law without understanding what they're writing about...

This is the problem that I have with politicians in general. Not only is it clear that they don't ride, but it's also clear that they've never driven on the same streets as I have, nor even been in a truck. They are clearly as clueless as the incredibly stupid traffic engineers that design the freeways. Just once, ONCE! I would like to be asked for my input as a person that drives/rides over 500 miles a weekday.

That said, I rode home today with the wind at my back, until I turned onto Ironwood when I rode sideways.

had to haul a bunch of painting/remodeling stuff to work so i couldn't take the NC, and what a beautiful sunny morning we had too!! By the time i got off from work it was dark clouds, super windy and raining in sheets, just figures!! :{)

They day finally got here! I picked my bike up from winter storage and took the long way home. Only put on about 20 miles but it's nice to have the bike back in the driveway where it belongs.

Rode her to work today because my Brand new Africa Twin Broke down of the second time with under 500 miles on it. Pretty annoyed with Honda right now, not only can i not trust my brand new bike, i had to call and scream and swear at them to get them to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back