• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin seat

I live in jax where Sargent is located so I had them redo my stock seat right after I took a 400 miles day trip. I now have a corbin on order. I guess my butt just doesn't get along with Sargent seats. I had them use that "super cell" foam and reshape it but I don't like it any better than stock. I will be selling it once my corbin comes and and I make sure I like it if anyone's interested?

i just bit the bullett and ordered my Corbin front saddle with heat. It should be in just in time for warm weather and no need for the heating element. :rolleyes:

Got my tracking number today for the front and rear (no heat). Says it will be delivered Wed signature required. I had emailed Corbin and told them to remove the signature required as I will be at work. Guess we'll see if the old note on the door works unless someone here wants to sit at my house and wait.

Got my tracking number today for the front and rear (no heat). Says it will be delivered Wed signature required. I had emailed Corbin and told them to remove the signature required as I will be at work. Guess we'll see if the old note on the door works unless someone here wants to sit at my house and wait.

OK...I'll do it, but don't expect to see me or your seat when you get home!!! lol

I will be getting my NCX in about 2 months and the first thing I will do is get a new seat.I have a DL1000 and after messin with the stock seat and a few homemade mods I finally gave in and ordered a custom seat built by Rick Mayer.I mail ordered the seat with my pics and 4 weeks later I got it.I was built on the stock pan and it was amazing,but after 2,000 miles it settled a bit and needed some mods.I rode to his shop in Redding CA and he personally fixed it and molded it to my tush.I have 30,000 miles on it now and it's still amazing,and it was $250 !!.In June we will be riding up to Deadhorse AK ( 6,000 mile RT ) so I will need a new seat before we go.I'd like to get another Rick Mayer seat but I may not have time so maybe a Corbin.The nice thing about having Rick do it is that (1) he uses your STOCK pan so you know it will fit (2)He will fix/mod it for free forever.

I ran into the same issue with my install, plus the hole on the right side didn't match up to the hole like the stock seat. It's a bitch to close the pillion seat as well. As anyone else modded the pillion to work easier?

So, three days after I bought my NC, I ordered the Corbin seat. I found the stock seat excruciating after any more than 30 miles. To be clear, I am new at this whole motorcycle thing, with my arse more used the the overstuffed seat of my scooter, or the bucket seat in my Subaru.

So today, at 10:15 my new seat arrived, the seat was on the bike by 11:45, and I was on a few seconds later. Ooh, that feels better. It's cold down here today, so I only did a 30 mile test ride, but I can say it is a real improvement over the stock seat. No pain, no discomfort, and it fits my rotund rear end just fine.

I bought only the main seat, not the pillion seat part. The seat is firm, but wider and flatter than the stock seat. That said, it didn't effect the height of the bike at all, I could still flat floot at stoplights (I'm 6'1", 240, with a 32" inseam. The only problem with the seat is that it makes closing the OEM pillion seat hard. The pillion seat closes on top of the Corbin seat, and requires some pushing to open and close the latch. Its a bit of a pain, but I imagine that as the Corbin seat gets compressed by the pillion seat, it should become less of a problem. I can already see a compressed arc where the Corbin is getting compressed. Alternatively, I could just add an eighth inch spacer under the u-bolts of the stock pillion seat to make it all work better. I will wait for now to see if it all just settles in.

So...it was a short ride, but I can already tell I far prefer the Corbin. I'll report back,once I have taken A longer ride, but that won't be soon since winter has descended on Tucson.

One question for the pros here. The stock seat had rubber bushings where the seat bolted to the bike. I couldn't make them fit on the Corbin. Do these matter? Should I go out and get some smaller rubber washers to slip in?

I ran into the same issue with my install, plus the hole on the right side didn't match up to the hole like the stock seat. It's a bitch to close the pillion seat as well. As anyone else modded the pillion to work easier?

After a few hundred miles the rear seat opens much better.

I'm getting closer to ordering a Corbin seat for the NC. Is anyone placing orders for special colors, materials, or leaving off the logo? Or, is everyone just ordering the seat like they show in the pictures? I'm thinking of going with a colored side panel to add some accent to the otherwise bland grey color of the bike.

Greg

As a bicycle rider as well, I find little complaint with the NC's saddle. It's positively plush compared to a Specialized "atomically" designed bike saddle. Especially on my Vitus 14 speed on 23c tires, you feel every crack in the pavement.

As a bicyclist as well, I will say that, where my San Marco saddle has no padding for any of my tidbits down below, it does adequately support my sit bones. What I've found with this and most other motorcycle seats is that it opts for cushy comfort, but because of this, the sit bones get little to no support and instead, the majority of the support falls on the coccyx leaving the sit bones to sag causing soreness in the lower lumbar. The concept of using a firm saddle that supports evenly across the arse helps to ensure that all pressure is distributed appropriately.

Now if I can only get a carbon fiber body on my NC700X to smooth out the jolts like on my Trek. :cool:

As a bicycle rider as well, I find little complaint with the NC's saddle. It's positively plush compared to a Specialized "atomically" designed bike saddle. Especially on my Vitus 14 speed on 23c tires, you feel every crack in the pavement.

My wife is the same way,she can do 200 miles a day on a carbon fiber bicycle seat.She can't understand why I need a custom seat to be comfy.We will see how she does on our 6,000 mile trip this summer on her GS500 with the Suzuki gel seat that is about 2 inches thick !!!!

I got my Corbin seat yesterday. It took about 5 minutes to install it. Took my first ride on today. It is a great improvement over the Honda seat. I would like to thank all of you for your help especially Billy Budd.
MLH

I got my Corbin seat yesterday. It took about 5 minutes to install it. Took my first ride on today. It is a great improvement over the Honda seat. I would like to thank all of you for your help especially Billy Budd.
MLH

Great News! I am glad you like it, it may take a few hundred miles to form to your rear end. It has been a big improvement for me.

Back