• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attaching tool holders to rear rack

I went to the Post Office at lunch...

Untitled by treybrad, on Flickr
:cool:
trey
Trey,
How did you attach the "tractor registration holder" to the rear rack on you bike. Did you fab the brackets to hold the tool tubes, or buy some pre made brackets. I have those same tubes that I used on my V-Strom, but haven't figured out a mount for my NCX. I would appreciate any help you can provide. :)

Trey,
How did you attach the "tractor registration holder" to the rear rack on you bike. Did you fab the brackets to hold the tool tubes, or buy some pre made brackets. I have those same tubes that I used on my V-Strom, but haven't figured out a mount for my NCX. I would appreciate any help you can provide. :)

I knew I posted a little how-to, took me a while to find in the mega thread...

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...did-you-do-your-nc700-today-66.html#post36880

Very handy tubes. I've got one with tire plugging tools in it, the other with misc tools/flashlight/etc.

Hadn't thought about strapping to passenger pegs. Thanks.

You know, neither had I until I strapped this stuff on. I was looking for a place to hook the strap and there they were!

I also used it to go pick up my new tires yesterday...

My PR3 were pretty much shot...

I know.. bad idea riding it that long. The front was in much better shape, but I still swapped it out.

FRESH MEAT!

We'll see how the PR4 do. I loved the PR3, but was a little disappointed to only get 11k(ish) out of them. Was getting 12-14k out of the PR2 on my big, heavy Bandit. Time will tell.....

PS, anyone looking for tires, give Central Texas Powersports a call -- especially if you're in the Austin, TX area. They don't advertise much on the website, but they have great prices. These were right at $300 after taxes, which matched the cheapest I could find them online. If they ship cheap and you're out of state (no tax), they might beat online pricing.

trey

Riding home from work last night and made a few geocaching stops along the way. One of those stops led me to an old jail. It was built in 1956 and is in the town of Jacksonville Arkansas. It only has two cells. It looks to have always been a detached building with no power, heat, or plumbing.

City of Jacksonville, Arkansas : History

20140219_160736.jpg

20140219_160810.jpg

Riding home from work last night and made a few geocaching stops along the way. One of those stops led me to an old jail. It was built in 1956 and is in the town of Jacksonville Arkansas. It only has two cells. It looks to have always been a detached building with no power, heat, or plumbing.

You should post this over in the 'tag' thread -- http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/3476-how-about-game-nc-tag-its-lot-fun.html

It's been stuck on jail forever it seems like!

trey

I took advantage of some decent weather to get out for a 100 mile ride. Can't wait till spring!

Hills.jpg

Ride_UmatillaRiv900px.jpg

Yep, I live in Pendleton, OR which is to the east of the Cascades and just to the west of the Blue Mountains.

I grew up in a town called Everett, Wash. but I used to cross the Cascades a lot. I could tell you living on that side.

I got my first ride of the year in today.48 today,still some snow around but roads were dry.I feel so much better.

Took her in for an overdue 8k service. I them rode wherever my bike took me. Put in about 200 miles today.

I took my bike outside of the garage, for the first time in 3 months and turned the key she fired up after a second or two.
and that is with out charging the battery. I did have it connected once or twice but the green light came on after a few seconds so it didn't need charging.
in all the years I've had bikes this is the 1st that I've never had to charge my battery after winter months.Brilliant I'd say.
once it get warms up weather wise I can put those stickers on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back