• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard nothing but good things about tutoro I'm driving over 500 a week, so I'm all for automatic maintenance especially if it helps my chain last longer. But putting the riser on made a immediate difference.
Less hand fatigue and my seat actually feels more comfortable lol.

Last edited:
Adjusted the valves today. The first check was at 8000 miles. Only minor adjustments were needed. Although technically due at 16,000 miles per the 2012 manual, I skipped that. Now at 21,000 miles, they were all very near spec. The exhausts had tightened a bit, while the intakes had loosened. They were almost close enough to leave alone, but I tweeked six out of the eight valves. I plan for my next check to be at around 36,000 miles.

Sounds about right, I did the first 2 by the book skipped the 3rd, now I'll do it every other one. My oil is supposed to last 12k or more but I change it every 8k so check valves every other oil change

I rode that baby 70 miles this afternoon in 30 degree weather and enjoyed the heck out of it. Now have to clean the salt dust off. May wait until tomorrow afternoon as I may ride tomorrow also. After that is rain for 3 days. Put a set of risers on last Thursday and makes it a lot more comfortable to me to ride. One inch up and 1 1/4 inch back non adjustable.

Just ordered the OEM heated grips today, found a smoking sale at $130 + $35 for the attachment kit. Already have the relay and sub harness.

Think it was the last set of grips they had.. don't see any more for that price. Looking forward to getting them in a week!

I finally got the forks out of my bike today to be sent off to the Wilbers tech to fit Andreanis. In the course of removing bits I noticed an unfortunate sparrow stuck up at the back of the headstock. It had been there a long time. Sadly I must have hit it at some point during the summer. My Wife keeps telling me that local wildlife has not yet evolved sufficiently to adjust to the speed of modern vehicles. I must pay more attention as that is not my first bird casualty, having clobbered a small falcon flying low another day last spring.

I also noticed a lot of rust on the front fender support bracket which fits under the front fender. It is out of sight normally and I suggest y'all give it a bit of attention. Mine will have to be painted before replacement. There is slight corrosion here and there under the body panels at back of the headstock so I will remove the various panels over the coming couple of weeks to clean that up.

Lastly as I was looking towards the back of the bike from low down at the front while removing the forks, I noticed even more corrosion on the GIVI CRASHBARS than I had previously seen on the front of them. All of the undersides of the tubing have blistered paint. At this point they need to be completely removed and resprayed. I probably have mentioned it before but THE PAINT ON GIVI PRODUCTS IS ABSOLUTELY CRAP !!!!! GRRRRRRR !!!!

I've thought about doing the Cogent drop in valve, but if I change the spring, the Andreanies don't cost that much more. Favorable exchange rate.

And i rode it again today. Not as cold, no snow or ice on the road and beautiful riding day. Just stay away from the mountains where the shadows keep the ice from melting.

Went on a 50 mile ride today [mid 60's here today] to adjust my Madstad to best position.
My question to everyone is concerning fuel mileage. I filled up and drove only on the freeway
at 70 mph except for a few stops on the shoulder to adjust my windscreen. My average mph
showed 56. This is much less than everyone is reporting. My bike only has 300 miles on the odometer
so can I expect a big improvement?

I have a DCT which usually is lower than the manual models. If I stay below 55mph, my mileage is in the 60's. If I ride in the 60's, my mileage is in the 50's.

those are getting higher mpg(UK ones),is that our gallon is bigger than the USA gallon.
so it appears that we get more but we dont.

Last edited:
I have the regular NC700X, no DCT. I dropped the rear sprocket tooth count from 43 to 41 it dropped around 200 rpm's at 70-75 mph. I'm getting about 5% better gas mileage. my commute is almost entirely freeway, 60 miles one way 20 of that is going over a mountain pass, but only about a mile in town. I think once you get over 4k rpm you start dropping mpg pretty fast

So far my 2012 NC700X is getting between 65 and 72 mpg. Most of this is in the Appalachian mountains of East Tennessee. Rarely ever get to 6th gear unless on larger roads. Run 3rd and 4th most of the time. Put risers on recently and this made it better for me to sit up erect. Told wife today that if the weather doesn't soon get better it's going to become expensive as I've been filling in my time hunting for things to put on it. And like airplanes and nuclear power plants, nothing is inexpensive.

I didn't do anything TO my bike, but I did something FOR her. I built a new work bench, and am in the process of getting tools and stuff organized to make working on my Serenity much better. My lovely wife got me some nice LED shop lights for Christmas too!

89726fe15a1ad57dd0019fbb6231ea07.jpg

Went on a 50 mile ride today [mid 60's here today] to adjust my Madstad to best position.
My question to everyone is concerning fuel mileage. I filled up and drove only on the freeway
at 70 mph except for a few stops on the shoulder to adjust my windscreen. My average mph
showed 56. This is much less than everyone is reporting. My bike only has 300 miles on the odometer
so can I expect a big improvement?

100% normal. It was windy yesterday, 70mph speeds, and good 'ol TX ethanol gas that's about what I'd expect. You might get a little bump as it breaks in, but that's pretty normal for winter highway mileage I've found.

How was the Madstad?

trey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back