• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just adding a few better pics of the handguards and heated grips.
IMG_0431.jpgIMG_0432.jpgIMG_0433.jpgIMG_0434.jpg

Tried to install my TKC-80 today, but got stuck at the "no 18mm hex bit" step, which means I didn't even remove my wheels :(

spent $9.50, and with Loctite installed a well-made, useful bit of anodized red bling. Happy with the strength, rise and additional surface area. It'll be nice not to have to fuss over parking contour as often : }

ebay Kickstand Pad

s-l500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And finally, mounted TKC-80 on rear wheel as well, and did a quick tour to see how things were (besides pretty wet...) with the new tires on.
Seemed a bit slippy at first (new tires?) when breaking front, but that was probably because of the leaves everywhere in my condo... Things seemed better in the street, and I didn't feel any particular slipping when braking front and/or rear, despite the wet road.

Also noticed I didn't get any fog (pinlock!) and rain was not staying on my visor and/or windscreen (both waxed!). So that was finally a good day, excluding the fact my right hand has a huge exploded blister right in the middle and my nails are terrible... Mounting new tires is pretty easy, finally (my first!) but removing the old tires from the wheel is really a huge PITA... Oh, and I had to jump to the gas station to inflate the rear tire, because my home inflator was not powerful enough to sit the bead properly (due to non-standard size I guess). I put 32PSI in both tires (maximum for these tires is 35PSI), to compare to the (recommended) 36PSI I had on the Dunlops.

Oh, and I loved my Oxford heated grips, particularly enjoyable under the rain!

The final picture:
IMG_3882.jpg

Oh, and I had to jump to the gas station to inflate the rear tire, because my home inflator was not powerful enough to sit the bead properly (due to non-standard size I guess). I put 32PSI in both tires (maximum for these tires is 35PSI), to compare to the (recommended) 36PSI I had on the Dunlops.

If you remove the valve core you'll have a better chance to seat the beads. Once the bead is set re-install the valve and inflate. (might prove useful on the road!)

Well Honda friends, I traded in the NC. At 58k miles it was time to either sell it while it was still worth something, or keep it forever. Local dealer had a leftover '15 FJ-09 and I couldn't resist.

IMG_20161015_143020.jpg

Thank you all for 4 years of helpful, friendly advice -- this has been the best bike specific forum I've ever been a member of. Soon I'll be posting some bits for sale -- Beowulf muffler, shop manual, and a few other things.

Ride safe!

trey

Well Honda friends, I traded in the NC. At 58k miles it was time to either sell it while it was still worth something, or keep it forever. Local dealer had a leftover '15 FJ-09 and I couldn't resist.

Thank you all for 4 years of helpful, friendly advice -- this has been the best bike specific forum I've ever been a member of. Soon I'll be posting some bits for sale -- Beowulf muffler, shop manual, and a few other things.

Ride safe!

trey

Good luck and be careful on your take-offs after you start riding the new bike.

View attachment 31518

Ride safe!

trey

Sad to hear but gorgeous bike you bought. Enjoy the new ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... same for a rad guard. Might make one of my own as suggested by stratuner in that thread or buy a generic one if any fits.
I made my own radiator guard from one black wire gutter guard from Lowes. Had to bend the kinks out of it cover the entire radiator. I just wrap it around and used some zip ties. I then used most of the rest of it to cover the space between the radiator and the skid plate.

You should have one regardless in your tool kit, they're very small (& cost peanuts), and you'll find a fair number of slow leaks caused by loose valve cores.

Had a very slow leak in my front tire since I changed it, never thought about checking the valve core.

Thanks for the the tip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to the Rally at the Rock dual sport event at White Rock mountain this weekend. Had a bit of everything there from big 1200GSAs down to 2 smokers running single track. I loaded both bikes into the trailer and played around with short rides out of the camp. I've found that I can handle a couple of hours at a time as long as I avoid pavement. The constant vibration from pavement still hurts. For that matter riding in a car hurts. Any how a couple of pics.

This is off West Fly gap road which was getting pretty bad so the county trucked in tons of clay which is quite slick when wet. I preferred it before when it had steps and trenches in it.

DSCF1563.jpg

This is mill Creek in part of the Mill Creek OHV area. It rained the night before so there was no getting the NC through here. Was hard enough on the CRF

DSCF1552.jpg

View Sunday morning as I packed up. The leaves were just starting to turn colors. Next weekend should be spectacular in the Ozarks.

DSCF1565.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back