• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The missus joined me for her first ride of the year. We went to A&W and had a root beer waiting for a local riding club. They didn't show up so we meandered over to a local cone track session. Rode to Burger King for Whoppers. Went along some farm roads and near the river. Stopped for ice cream and then home. Looks like riding to eat...

nwC... That is so awesome, Progress! Cherish this time with her. My wife grew up riding dirt bikes and so did i. When we were first married she had no hesitation at all to riding her own bike with me. Then after we were married for a while she gravitated to riding more Pillion with me, then for the past few years she had no desire to ride and now she won't even get on the bike with me. For some reason she is now terrified of motorcycles and won't even sit on it with me in the parking lot! I really miss riding together with her to different places. We used to go for an evening ride a couple of times a week, i so enjoyed that. (maybe she/we're just getting older/cautious).
Her dad bought her a Honda 50 mini-trail when she was 11 and she did lots of trail riding with him and her twin. We got into riding "together" when we inherited her Dad's Harley Sportster and she decided she wanted to give it a try before thinking about selling it. So we took the MSF course together but through Harley on their bikes. We both decided we weren't Harley riders but had fun so we bought the NCx and CB500x at the same time. Funny, today she owns 5 bikes. The 500x, her Dad's Sportster and Mini-trail, bought her sister's mini-trail and still has her mini-trail after all these years. Along with my NC and our son's GS, we have 7 in the garage.
7 bikes.jpg

Test fit a 18" front wheel today that I bought somewhat on a whim. I got to say it looks pretty good.
IMG_20180805_184551.jpg
The problem is the rotor bolts have just a slight interference with the ABS sensor. I'll have another look at it in the morning to see what can be done.

Installed a Fenda Extenda to the front fender. Used 3M heavy duty outdoor tape. We'll see if it holds.

'Installed' makes it sound like more work that it was.

JT

Snuck out for my first ride since shoulder surgery - 8 weeks ago. Took the bike to the hardware store that's about 7 minutes from home. I never understand how this happens but it took over an hour to get home... ;-)
>Thom

Nothing, watch my favorite place in the world BURN TO THE GROUND, Dardanelles resort hwy 108 Ca,
was just there A week ago, now it's gone!
Before and After!!!
Two weeks ago.jpg
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls.jpg

Hello again! It's been 2 years since I last visited the website but, as I approach 50,000 miles on my "near trouble-free" bike (2012 NC700) I felt it worth mentioning to other NC owners. I will break the 50K mark within my next 2 fill-ups and I can honestly say, the bike has been good to me both as a daily work commuter and for several 1000 mile trips throughout my state of Missouri and the local region.
I was wondering if there is a "50K mile" location or dedicated forum in the website where folks might be able to list their bikes' successful long term rides. I feel it is significant both as a testament to Honda's build quality and the fact that I am a new rider......having started riding at the age of 58 on a little Yamaha 250 cruiser (rode it 13K miles), and now at 66 I have taken my 2nd bike to the 50 K mark.
This has been a good bike for me, so much in fact that I would probably buy another NC700 if this one fails me. I have come to love the front trunk (Frunk)! Needless to say, my ride has been enhanced using many others' suggestions and ideas by members of this group to address seating, short stature, and other upgrades, not to mention the many maintenance suggestions which I used to keep my bike in a decent operating condition.
Anyway- just wanted to say hello again! Ed

Hello again! It's been 2 years since I last visited the website but, as I approach 50,000 miles on my "near trouble-free" bike (2012 NC700) I felt it worth mentioning to other NC owners. I will break the 50K mark within my next 2 fill-ups and I can honestly say, the bike has been good to me both as a daily work commuter and for several 1000 mile trips throughout my state of Missouri and the local region.
I was wondering if there is a "50K mile" location or dedicated forum in the website where folks might be able to list their bikes' successful long term rides. I feel it is significant both as a testament to Honda's build quality and the fact that I am a new rider......having started riding at the age of 58 on a little Yamaha 250 cruiser (rode it 13K miles), and now at 66 I have taken my 2nd bike to the 50 K mark.
This has been a good bike for me, so much in fact that I would probably buy another NC700 if this one fails me. I have come to love the front trunk (Frunk)! Needless to say, my ride has been enhanced using many others' suggestions and ideas by members of this group to address seating, short stature, and other upgrades, not to mention the many maintenance suggestions which I used to keep my bike in a decent operating condition.
Anyway- just wanted to say hello again! Ed

Welcome back, Little Ed! I’m glad you and your NC are doing well.

That idea for a sort of NC mileage Hall of Fame has merit. We’ve had high mileage threads in the past but they’re not well organized and can get off track. Perhaps we could build a sticky post or thread for high mileage bikes, but it would probably need an administrator to keep it uncluttered. I’m open to suggestions.

Here is a thread from the past along those lines: High Mile NC700X's ??

Last edited:
Today was highway mod day.
I added a windshield extension, put on my Kuryakyn 7920 Dually Offset Peg with 1.35" Clamp (added an extra washer between the arms of the clamp), put on a bead seat cover, swapped the pillion shad seat for the stock one to give me more room in the saddle, and did my version of the seat angle mod.

HIghway_front.jpg Highway_side.jpg Highway_top.jpg

The previous owner was a 300+ lb guy and didn't transfer over the little rubber feet when he put on the shad seat. I don't know if he tried to put the tab on top of the loop or if it just didn't have the support without the feet. Either way the little tab that holds the seat down was broken. I added raised sections for the little rubber feet to sit on and used the straps of the bead seat to hold it down.

my_spacers.jpg Seat_Broken.jpg

I also ordered THE LAST, AltRider Skid Plate, it should get here Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_20180807_173921542_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180807_173921542_HDR.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Received my SW-Motech rear ALU rack and EVO side pannier racks today. Shipping box looks like it fell out of the truck and tumbled a few miles. Parts were bubble wrapped well and not damaged.

Plan to install this weekend.

JT

Commuted home today in the hottest day so far this year. Was 34c/93f in the shade of my balcony. Felt a lot warmer in a black mesh outfit, on tarmac, on a motorcycle putting out heat. Even going faster only seemed to increase the speed of the hot air...one more day...

My new Top Box (Givi 52 Trekker) was delivered today as I was getting ready to head to the gym. My old Givi V46 was a tight fit for my Shoei Neotec 2 helmet and riding jacket. The helmet also barely fits in the frunk. My wife asked for a top box so it was my excuse to upsize and she gets the V46. My weekend project will be installing on her bike all the hardware that also came today for a top box and panniers. Looks like the install will be more involved on her CB500x than it is on the NC.

NC Golds Close-up.jpg

Bikes get a special parking spot by the door at my gym, and I don't want to get too much exercise before I get inside. My parking neighbors are normally a Ducati and a Harley.

NC Golds.jpg

Installed a SW-Motech ALU rear rack last night. Planning to install the side racks tonight. These have the quick lock fasteners for the side racks.

FYI... the ALU rack is advertised as having quick locks for top case adapters. The ALU rack does not come with them. Apparently the fasteners are included with the top case adapter and not with the ALU rack. This put a damper on my plans to make a custom top plate. I'll need to call to see if I can buy the quick locks separately.

JT

Installed a SW-Motech ALU rear rack last night. Planning to install the side racks tonight. These have the quick lock fasteners for the side racks.

FYI... the ALU rack is advertised as having quick locks for top case adapters. The ALU rack does not come with them. Apparently the fasteners are included with the top case adapter and not with the ALU rack. This put a damper on my plans to make a custom top plate. I'll need to call to see if I can buy the quick locks separately.

JT

I have the ALU rack and correct, the locks come with whatever you plan on putting on the rack. In my case it was the soft bag plate/carrier. 1/4 turn x 3 locks, works really well. Haven't looked around to source replacement locks though so can't help you there, sorry! Love the SWM gear though!

I installed a new horn, the Denali Sound Bomb. Finding a suitable mounting location turned out to be the hardest part of the entire install. Pics to follow! Not much else is happening around our place at 110F today! :{)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back