• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a new horn, the Denali Sound Bomb. Finding a suitable mounting location turned out to be the hardest part of the entire install. Pics to follow! Not much else is happening around our place at 110F today! :{)
That should be a fun addition and an unexpected blast coming from a bike if you have to give someone notice.

Found another Good old Fashion Burgers joint to ride to and try for lunch today. My wife and son came along on their bikes, it was hot out and we were sweating in our helmet and riding clothes.

InkedNC Small Frys_LI.jpg

nwC.. you are a'speekin' my language there buddy!! Few thing better than riding and grabbing a great burger/fries and Shake at a Mom-Pop place! Well ok, maybe PIE!! :{)

Got out of work early and went riding with a friend. Beautiful day for a ride today!

Got home and finished installing the SW-Motech quick lock side racks. They mount right to the ALU top box rack. Had a tough time with the rear bracket that ties the left and right sides together across the license plate bracket.

All done now and it looks great.

JT

Yesterday was just way too hot when i got off from work for a ride at 110F..!
outside temp AUG 10th 2018.jpg

So today i took off early to get in a nice ride and beat the heat. I met up with my buddy Sam and his 2013 NC700x at 04:30am and we took off! Enjoyed a great ride, breakfast around 07:30 at a little Bar/Grill in Deary Idaho called "Fuzzy's.
ride to Deary with Sam 0430am, breakfast at Fuzzy's bar n grill. .jpg

Then of course we just had to make a stop in St Maries, again, at the now famous "My Family Diner" for PIE!
ride to Deary with Sam 0430am, PIE for lunch at My Family diner in St Maries.jpg

and we still made it home just as it was getting ugly-hot outside! Nice and enjoyable 275 mile ride! :{)

Put a battery tender cable on. Ran it down through the hole at bottom right in the battery box. Zip tied it to the frame near the clutch cable. The loose connector tucks nicely up and out of the way under the plastic. Very clean install.

JT

Yesterday was just way too hot when i got off from work for a ride at 110F..!
View attachment 37002

So today i took off early to get in a nice ride and beat the heat. I met up with my buddy Sam and his 2013 NC700x at 04:30am and we took off! Enjoyed a great ride, breakfast around 07:30 at a little Bar/Grill in Deary Idaho called "Fuzzy's.
View attachment 37003

Then of course we just had to make a stop in St Maries, again, at the now famous "My Family Diner" for PIE!
View attachment 37004

and we still made it home just as it was getting ugly-hot outside! Nice and enjoyable 275 mile ride! :{)

Love some sausage gravy. love some fruit pie. One of our must rides when we go up to the Dragon is to ride down to Blue Ridge, Ga after taking the Cherohala Parkway and get some fried fruit pies at Merciers Orchard. Yum. Good ride too.

Went to the 2018 Ton-Up motorcycle gathering today. Saw some cool vintage bikes and some really modified bikes.
There was a 70's vintage Honda 750 with a turbo charger. Neat install.

All in all, it was fun till the rain started.

JT

I got a flat.

Came out of a meeting to find this...
1.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

I don't carry many tools, but a gummy worm patch kit and compressor I did have! Okay I've never done this before lets see...

6.jpg
7.jpg

20 minutes later I was on my way.

I bought this stuff last year and they been sitting at the bottom of my frunk ever since. Best $35 I ever spent.

On the commute home today I ran into Mr Sporty rider. Weaving in and out of traffic blipping the throttle a stop lights. What I think really impressed me and his other fans was how he accelerated from one of the lights and missed his shift to second...classy. At least he was wearing all his gear I guess, hard to find positives.

I got a flat.

Came out of a meeting to find this...

I don't carry many tools, but a gummy worm patch kit and compressor I did have! Okay I've never done this before lets see...

20 minutes later I was on my way.

I bought this stuff last year and they been sitting at the bottom of my frunk ever since. Best $35 I ever spent.

I keep a compressor and puncture kit in mine as well. So far, I have not had to use the puncture kit, but I have used the compressor on a long ride before - let out some air heading into gravel, and refilled after passing through it 50 miles later.

I've used mine once, glad I had it.

Had to change a tube one time on My DR in western Tennessee. Glad I had all the kit then too. Good to practice tire changing before getting on the road. There are some tricks to it.

Got the ole' girl all dressed up with the luggage, Cot/Tent, camping gear and heading out for a couple of days to camp!! Pics to follow! :{)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back