• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By my standards that's hot. It was about 52 here today. Gave mine (X-Adv) a wash today as it was seriously dirty after a trip at the weekend in heavy rain and on muddy roads (courtesy of farmers).

I didn’t do this today but over the past weekend. I attended a rally in Pahrump NV. I was only going to do easy gravel roads and had new rear Shinko 705 and halfway worn Shinko 705 in the front. I decided to go on a ride with 15 others that would take us to Beatty via Nevada BDR, Titus Canyon, Dante’ Peak, and Shoshone via Furnace Creek Wash Rd. I’m kinda experienced rider and didn’t want to be that guy holding the group back but luckily there was another NC700X rider. Overall, I made it through all of the roads with no issues and kept up with everyone. The guys on the ride were surprised by the capabilities of the bike. Think the route was was challenging for the NC700X and any harder, might have had some issues. Think having Shinko 805s would have helped a lot. This ride has me convinced that I need a second bike! Haha. Oh and btw, the entire length of Furance Creek Wash Rd was done in the dark!

915469e6d827284ddcc212fde9419132.jpg

4074184fbe885cc464addad72d62111a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I kinda took the long way around to get to San Francisco hoping for a fun ride. Went to Southern route up though Gilroy and San Jose. Long ride from Twain Harte and back. I would like to say it was fun, BUT is was absolutely insane. Those people are the the craziest driver in the world. I was lucky I made it out of there with my life. Average speed was 80 mph. And holly baJesus I stopped at pier 39 and the homeless people tried to steal my tail bag and spare change me to death. I don't think I will never go back to that Cesspool again!!!

Last edited:
We're a little warmer here but not by much. It was a cool 35 this morning and will be about 45 for the ride home!

I rode to Heartland Honda in Springdale for the 12,000 mile service.
They recommended considering replacing sprockets and chain.
Ninety miles each way, 45 degrees and blustery, but partly sunny and some fall color.
Also updated the tag game.
Came home to find one of those detailed, nosy census forms. Not excited.

Yesterday I kinda took the long way around to get to San Francisco hoping for a fun ride. Went to Southern route up though Gilroy and San Jose. Long ride from Twain Harte and back. I would like to say it was fun, BUT is was absolutely insane. Those people are the the craziest driver in the world. I was lucky I made it out of there with my life. Average speed was 80 mph. And holly baJesus I stopped at pier 39 and the homeless people tried to steal my tail bag and spare change me to death. I don't think I will never go back to that Cesspool again!!!
Yeah, I left in 88. Really changed since then. To bad. It was a awesome place to go or live in the area.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Commute this morning. Thermometer on the side of the shop said 33 when I left. Electric gloves and an extra layer under the riding suit made for a relatively pleasant ride.
>T

Snow this morning. Enough that I had to clean it off the cars.
Need to clean the garage and get the bike covers, battery tenders and snow shovels out this weekend.
Sad, sad day indeed.

JT

Put mine in my shed/garage yesterday evening. Weather is not going to cooperate for the next few days for enjoyable riding (could ride if dressed up like the Michelin man but that is no fun). Pouring cold (38'F) rain this morning, possible snow flurries this evening, and lows in the teens and highs in the 20's for the next few days (Snow fall on Monday night/Tuesday morning)....

Started snowing while I was out with the dog this morning. By the time I got back, had breakfast and got ready for work there was almost an inch of heavy, wet, white stuff to clean off the truck. Needless to say the bike didn't leave the driveway today :mad:

Commute this morning. Thermometer on the side of the shop said 33 when I left. Electric gloves and an extra layer under the riding suit made for a relatively pleasant ride.
>T

Thom, are you happy using the electric gloves? I rode yesterday for an hour in the 40's and layering kept everything warm but my hands, they were like ice cubes when I got home. I have hand guards but the back of my hands in particular froze. Just wondering if the electric gloves would be a better option than heated grips.

Thom, are you happy using the electric gloves? I rode yesterday for an hour in the 40's and layering kept everything warm but my hands, they were like ice cubes when I got home. I have hand guards but the back of my hands in particular froze. Just wondering if the electric gloves would be a better option than heated grips.
I don't have heated grips but I do have heated gloves. My whole hand is warm. I like heated gloves! California Heat is the brand.

A thought on gloves. I bought the California Heat gloves because I put them on and they fit so well (dare I say...like a glove!) I bought them. They are high quality leather. Pliant and soft. They have GoreTex liner so waterproof too. I was going to buy textile heated gloves as they are waterproof on the outer shell. Leather gloves will become wet and even though your hand is dry it will supposedly be feeling wet... so said the textile glove sales dude. I bought the leather due to comfort and heat output. I have some Nikwax that I was going to try on them. This concern has not come up in real life yet. High mountain passes in summer are cold but my regular cold weather textile gloves are fine for passes even in the rain. I usually don't put on the heated gloves until I am traveling all day in the lower 40's or shorter rides in the low 30's. Nobody talks about what a pain it is to plug the gloves in and then put them on tuck away wires etc. So zi don't use them a whole bunch for short rides of 15 Miles or less. I have heavy winter gloves for that. That is when good hot heated grips are nice. I haven't met a stock Honda heated grip that I liked yet. Some aftermarket models get HOT. Just some thoughts...
Also, I bought the California Heat jacket liner too. The sizing fit like it should. I am 6'3" 275# and for three years at the Chicago MC show I tried on various heated jacket liners and they were way to tight. Now close fitting is good for heated jacket liners as it keeps the heating elements against you where they can do the job of warming you. But I don't want to feel squeezed all the time. CH fit well. He looked at me. Asked what size I usually wear. Told him and he grabbed that size off the rack and it fit very well. Has a heat pad across your upper back, your chest, collar, and outside of your arms. Wires for plugging in the gloves are in built in zip pockets at the end of the arms
Just above the knit cuffs. You plug in your heat troller on the lower left side of the jacket. One for gloves and one for the jacket.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back