• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, was able to ride the bike into work this morning; cool but no rain (past 3 days rain-4" of the stuff at my house the past 3 days)...Tired of the crap-been another very wet spring...

Tried out my new Airhawk seat pad for 50 miles. Need to get the air adjusted a little more. Definitely feels different than stock. I may need to raise the seat in the front to get it right. Didn’t have the need to do that until now.

3e06a5cca958891b93f8e909523df49c.jpg

JT

Last edited:
Got back today from a 3 day weekend camping ST1300 event at Two Wheels of Suches. What a great bike the NC is.

Got back today from a 3 day weekend camping ST1300 event at Two Wheels of Suches. What a great bike the NC is.

Do you have a pic of the bike all packed up? How about a camp site pic?

You know what they say... Pictures or it didn’t happen.

JT

Rode the NC to work again today. Afterwork, i installed the remaining two MSR fuel bottles(now giving me 1 gal of extra fuel if needed), and filled/secured all four of them for the upcoming 1k trip to southeast Utah. I also installed a Cortech Tank bag. Adjusting it so it is easily removable for access to the frunk was a little challenging, but it turned out nicely i think. I attempted to mount my new Super Bright LED driving lights to no avail, i can't seem to find a good location that i was happy with without having to fabricate something. I'll attempt it again tomorrow. I'd need to add a sidecar to carry all of the things i'd like to take with me for the trip haha. I'm using the 3 pile method Dave recommended... :{)

I'd need to add a sidecar to carry all of the things i'd like to take with me for the trip haha. I'm using the 3 pile method Dave recommended... :{)

It seems we pack the same. Too much.
3-piles ... Left side, Right side, and a huge duffel bag in the back seat!

JT

I installed the black widow decat pipe yesterday evening. Very straight forward for the non-mechanic! I like the fact they added a place for the O2 sensor so you don't have to try and bypass it.

Tried out my new Airkawk seat pad for 50 miles. Need to get the air adjusted a little more. Definitely feels different than stock. I may need to raise the seat in the front to get it right. Didn’t have the need to do that until now.

3e06a5cca958891b93f8e909523df49c.jpg

JT
Curious to hear a "full review" of the Airhawk after you get the proper pressure and the seat angle sorted out. Most things I hear are positive about those but I've never seen one on an NC so you may be my inspiration to get one.

FWIW, from what I understand, they work best with very low air pressure, just enough to raise you up off the seat and no more than that.

That’s what I heard as well. I had a little too much air. I was floating a bit forward and back. Not so much side to side though.

My reason for purchase is to use it on my trip this summer. I learned last summer that the ST1300 seat gets rough after a few thousand miles.

I thought I would give it a try on the NC. It bunches up a bit in front. I think that if I drop some air I might stay put on the seat and it may not bunch as much.

We’re in the middle of a week of rain, so further testing is going to wait for better weather.

JT

After i returned home from riding the NC to work again today, i did some trial fitting of the gear that i'm taking with me on my 2700 mile trip to 3-Step Hideaway, Ouray Co, Telluride, Cortez, 4 corners, Page and Ely and back up through Boise and home! After the trial load/fitting i went for a 10 mile ride and it feels great! Unload, repack and get ready to leave Friday morning! :{)

Tour ready with luggage.jpg

Tour ready with luggage2.jpg

Tour ready with luggage adv flag.jpg

Supposed to be taking my wife's 2016 NC700x into the dealership today but the weather is being less than cooperative. Thunder and lightning, very very frightening.

We are supposed to get a break in the storms from about 11:30am to 1:30pm so I'll get it into the shop to get the work done. I'll just get it there a bit later than planned.

Mods that should be happening today ... weather permitting :cool:
  1. Lower the front end about an inch.
  2. Install the adjustable lowering rear links and lower the rear end about an inch.
  3. Wire in the "Admore" taillights that are part of the GIVI V35 side cases. Lights are installed in the side cases, but the wiring is not tapped into the bike's wiring.
  4. Install new Denali DRL LED lights on the front forks. The lights are waiting at the parts department at the dealership.
  5. Install the adjustable billet kickstand

Used the NC as a parts ferry today.
Working on my truck and camper to get ready for Memorial Day weekend. Needed a new hitch ball mount. The 1” rise comes with the ball on the reverse as a 2” drop. Threw the hitch in the frunk and went to my Father’s-In-Law house to use the impact. Swapped the ball to the other side and rode back home.
That frunk sure is useful.

JT

Used the NC as a parts ferry today.
Working on my truck and camper to get ready for Memorial Day weekend. Needed a new hitch ball mount. The 1” rise comes with the ball on the reverse as a 2” drop. Threw the hitch in the frunk and went to my Father’s-In-Law house to use the impact. Swapped the ball to the other side and rode back home.
That frunk sure is useful.

JT
That frunk got me a curry takeaway for three the other night. Love that bike.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Nice 140 round trip this morning for a VERY brief time at work (kind of using the office as my reason to ride.) Used some freeway and county roads to get there but then looked for new roads (without center lines) that wound about through woods and field on the way home. Took much longer on the return trip. Aahhh...

So yesterday, I upgraded from the stock exhaust to the Coffman's Shorty Exhaust. I even decided to make a fine video for everyone to enjoy and here kinda what the exhaust sounds like on the bike!

[video=youtube_share;6sYzvVJ58Gs]https://youtu.be/6sYzvVJ58Gs[/video]

Enjoy everyone!
-Shawn

I ran up to Tortilla Flat this morning. Round trip from my house is only about 2 hours. but it is one of the best runs nearby. It has lot's of curves, scenic views and the road is now in great condition. Unfortunately, there can be a lot of vehicles hauling boats and once into the curves there are no sanctioned passing zones, but with a little attention to your environment you can see that viability is pretty good in most spots. Getting up early in the morning, even though it's Sunday is a help since Tortilla Flat doesn't open until 9 am. Although I think that if I do it again I'll get a tinted shield for my backup helmet. They've put in pull outs in some curves but don't expect everyone to use them.

Run on a Ninja 400

Voted best Motorcycle Ride in the annual 2014 New Times Best of Phoenix edition.

TF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back