• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy, the Plasti-cote is nice looking and you can always peel it off and change colors pretty easily until you find one you're happy with. Then pony up and have the powder coated. :{P

Randy, the Plasti-cote is nice looking and you can always peel it off and change colors pretty easily until you find one you're happy with. Then pony up and have the powder coated. :{P

Thanks, but that's just too much work! LOL!
I used to have a software CAD program that would let me change colors with a click, I'll have to see about getting a newer version.

I'm really liking the idea of doing the wheels in a gunmetal gray color. But not anytime soon, I need guards and bags and other things first.

Edit: I do like the Red/Gray/Silver/Black color combination, those colors look great together. Just got a custom stock for one of my rifles:DSCF0506a.JPG

Last edited:
The wheels on the older NC's aren't really black, they are like a really dark charcoal gray. One thing to keep in mind, the darker the wheel, the less chain lube/grime shows up on them. I can imagine those newer model silver wheels are a pain to keep clean.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This evening I just commuted as ever. But after the rain cleared to a remarkably clear sky, I took a detour. Just so I could take a photo.
a09155b44eb9e14fe4c5ad07a9c07149.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Very nice, where is that at? Sky was clear and blue here in North AL, almost rode to work, but figured it'd just be thunderstorming later like it has off and on all freakin' week. Lol

Very nice, where is that at? Sky was clear and blue here in North AL, almost rode to work, but figured it'd just be thunderstorming later like it has off and on all freakin' week. Lol

A place called Tanner's Beach, on the outskirts of Lymington, in the south of England (for you Americans!)

Actually, there was something else today; I stumbled across an NC750X on my lunch break and was looking closely at the engine crash bars: something I want for my bike, but not a make or model I was familiar with on their bike.

I took a photo, peered close ...and standing up to the concerned and suspicious glance of the owner of said bike.

After explaining away that I wasn't planning on stealing his bike, we talked a while about how awesome our respective bikes were - but the shame at being thought of as a bike thief!

Still, here are the bars I want to get for my bike; good coverage of the engine and faring, with a wrap around the front for mounting auxiliary lighting to. Anyone have an opinion of the Heed brand?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Engine-Guard-Heed-Crash-Bars-Honda-NC-700-750-X/692028393

6248b9ca4242e1da9bb6c9f425a6b851.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, I was on Tapatalk and couldn't see your location being in the UK lol. Some beautiful countryside over there from what I've seen in pics and vids.

Last edited:
New shop finally wired up, so I moved all the bikes into it today. I haven't ridden my Vulcan Nomad since about a month before I bought my NC due to the cracked Vance & Hines head pipe and not having time to take it off and get it fixed yet. Holy crap I forgot how heavy that big beast is since I've been used to flicking around the NC!

a08d81a3a7cf494684f6c48c50c639fa.jpg

I was planning to ride it to work today but when I pushed the button I got nuthin'. No weak turn, not even a click. It's only been sitting a week or less and the battery is only about six months old.

Not having time to mess with it I connected the charger and drove the M1009 to work instead.

After work it fired right up.

Any thoughts on why the battery would just die? It's sat a lot longer than a week and still started strong.

I was planning to ride it to work today but when I pushed the button I got nuthin'. No weak turn, not even a click. It's only been sitting a week or less and the battery is only about six months old.

Not having time to mess with it I connected the charger and drove the M1009 to work instead.

Any thoughts on why the battery would just die? It's sat a lot longer than a week and still started strong.
Sounds like bad battery connection, and you may have wiggled them enough to make a good connection after work for it to fire up. Make sure both terminals are clean and connections are tight.

Sounds like bad battery connection, and you may have wiggled them enough to make a good connection after work for it to fire up. Make sure both terminals are clean and connections are tight.
I never touched the battery or even opened the frunk. I just connected the battery maintainer when I left for work.

It's gone three weeks or more in the past just sitting- and fired right up. The last time I rode it was six days ago and it was dead.

Ok, I thought you may have connected a charger directly to the battery. So have you checked to confirm both battery connections are clean and tight? Sounds like a power problem somewhere, either at the battery or up the line from it. A faulty battery shouldn't just not work, not even make a noise when turning over or anything, and then just start working again.

I've had this happen to me. I kept turning the key off, then on, then tried to start it until it did. I changed the battery after the first time a few months ago. It went away until this morning. Started after 3 cycles. I don't know the cause, but it isn't battery related

Not strictly motorbike related, although ... motorcycle gear, if that counts?

Walking around Southampton on my lunch break with my audiobook playing, and a homeless man stinking of booze approached me - asking his question a second time as I remove an earbud to hear him.

"Sorry" I reply; "I don't have any change to give you" - at which point he goes to punch me!

I'm walking in town with my motorbike jacket on and he hurts himself more than me - hitting the armoured elbow part - and unknown to us both, being watched by a policeman. The policeman took the man away although I declined to follow up when asked by the policeman if I was alright - I didn't feel a thing and don't want the hassle.

Still, there's a lesson; I'm not a violent man, but don't pick a fight with someone wearing armour!

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

WhooHoot!! When i got home early from work today i was surprised that my new Parabellum Windscreen and arrived today! SO...., i quickly handled the "Honey Do's", gave my wife a "drive-by kissin' and ran outside with the package. The box was amazingly packaged for protection(good job Parabellum shippers). I quickly removed the old factory touring screen and gave it the toss(haha). I wiped and cleaned everything down in that area in preparation for the fancy new tinted 24" Parabellum screen. It came with all the new fasteners needed, clear and precise instructions AND...pictures for those of us that would rather look at the picture and say "oh yah, i got this" lol.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS=
Once on I cleaned up/put away the tools(old Skool) and went for an hours ride! I sit/look just over the top of the screen and the wind just touches the top of my helmet. The hand guards clear the Parabellum nicely and allow me to turn lock-lock. Once on the interstate i cranked it up, hitting 70-75-80mph. WOW, does it really work nicely. I do feel some wind and slight buffeting on both arms(but i did on the factory touring screen as well as the former MadStad so all is good.

I backed the speed down and ran at my usual 65-70mph and I must say.., i am going to like new Parabellum windscreen and the tint is so cool. Now to get some new stickers for it haha!

Looks mighty nice! I really like the fit-n-finish, great craftsmanship. Thanks again Charlie!! :{)
New Parabellum windscreen june 19.jpg

It clears the hand guards nicely and allows me to still use the factory handlebar lock.
New Parabellum windscreen3 june 19.jpg

A nice shot of Dale's Nut Plates in use!!
New Parabellum windscreen2 june 19.jpg

...and of course while i was out for the hours ride, i just had to stop off in Spokane at a family favorite and bring a box or two home with me!! :{P
Krispy Kreme Donut run.jpg

Last edited:
New shop finally wired up, so I moved all the bikes into it today. I haven't ridden my Vulcan Nomad since about a month before I bought my NC due to the cracked Vance & Hines head pipe and not having time to take it off and get it fixed yet. Holy crap I forgot how heavy that big beast is since I've been used to flicking around the NC!

a08d81a3a7cf494684f6c48c50c639fa.jpg

You need more bikes now!

Yesterday was one of those days to better stay in the bed...
In the morning was making coffee but turned wrong knob on the stove and burned the food from yesterday. I did manage to make my coffee anyway but spill very, very stupid way half of the mug.
Then picked up my seat/tank lock from local dealer - he promised he will have it on Tuesday or Wednesday - got it on Friday. Very bad for business... Removing the broken lock was really, really easy (even for me) :D Put new one, put it back on the bike, put all plastic back and found I have 2 screws left in my magnetic tray ?!?!? Also, in all of my happiness - I forgot to add "safety wire" I made. Now I have to disassemble the bike again... :(

I hope this day will be better than yesterday...

Yesterday was one of those days to better stay in the bed...
In the morning was making coffee but turned wrong knob on the stove and burned the food from yesterday. I did manage to make my coffee anyway but spill very, very stupid way half of the mug.
Then picked up my seat/tank lock from local dealer - he promised he will have it on Tuesday or Wednesday - got it on Friday. Very bad for business... Removing the broken lock was really, really easy (even for me) :D Put new one, put it back on the bike, put all plastic back and found I have 2 screws left in my magnetic tray ?!?!? Also, in all of my happiness - I forgot to add "safety wire" I made. Now I have to disassemble the bike again... :(

I hope this day will be better than yesterday...

At least you are getting experienced with those dang Honda connectors.....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back