• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came back in from the garage, since we're night owls and like to do things late at night, I started taking off panels to put on light bar. It didn't take long to find that the dealer service d-bags left off 2 plastic clips when they reassembled the body parts after putting on the heated grips and 12V accessory socket. They also left a huge mess inside the trunk where they drilled out a hole for the socket, and didn't even try to clean it up. That's just piss-poor work. If I had ever left that kind of mess when I was installing LAN's and computer equipment, I would never have been able to hold up my head in public. I wouldn't even have been able to look myself in the mirror. For everyone in the Houston area, if you're considering buying from Mancuso South in La Marque, do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. I'll never go back, except to pick up the couple more things I've ordered there from parts. It's a shame, too, because the parts department folks are as helpful and decent as anyone can be, but the rest of the place is a bunch of 24K assholes.

Did the sky-jacker seat mod today. No more slope, no more sliding into the tank over every bump and application of the brakes. I didn’t get to take her on a long ride but I do believe I can put-off getting a custom seat for a while and spend that money on more stuff.
Also adjusted the chain today. First time it has needed it (1700 miles).

Left home at 2pm and road 110 miles along one of California's best motorcycle roads. Named "the isle of ham" (apple motorcycle map app is called Greatest Road) it starts in Livermore and ends in Santa Clara tracing Miles road up and over Mt Hamilton. The Honda NC700X DCT performed un-be-lieveably great. The twisty, windy roads were a perfect match to the Sport mode of the DCT. I paddle shifted down and the nose dove into corners, then flicked the upshift as the road straighted back out. Within 30 minutes, all I had to do was throttle back and the smart machine shifted down for me, seemly learning my preferences for G-force. I panicked just a bit when it dawned on me that the white stuff in patches on the road in the dark shadows of Mt. Hamilton was ice! I know it's January, but it was near 60 degrees, at least when I started out. Trying to get home early, I jumped on the freeway in San Jose but at 65MPH, the stock fairing felt just a bit too small. I exited for frontage roads and pulled in about 6:15pm. A great day on my NC!

I rode 230 miles Saturday and 180 miles today. We were blessed with awesome weather this holiday weekend. Believe it or not there are some great motorcycle roads in the Houston area with hills and twisties. I like this bike more and more each time I ride it. Maybe this is why = I bought an airhawk cushion recently and although it helped...there were still seat issues. That darn slope!!! I took a piece of 1.25" thick memory foam and cut a piece to go inside the airhawk cover but under the actual cushion. The foam is only under the front third of the cushion. It's EZ to shape the foam with a pair of scissors. This is strictly a poor man's temporary fix, but it definitely helped. I found the foam in my attic, so it was FREE!!! I still slide forward when braking kinda hard, but I think that'll happen even with a $700 custom seat!

Last edited:
I grew impatient with waiting on the back-ordered Givi Windshield that I ordered before I bought the bike so I screwed around with some bits and pieces from past experiments and made my own.
IMG_20130121_205512.jpg

Bonus, it's adjustable.

Low:
IMG_20130120_163355.jpg

High:
IMG_20130120_163340.jpg

Cockpit View:
IMG_20130120_163538.jpg

It turned out even better than I thought it would. Initially I just wanted something to help keep the wind blast off my chest and maybe reduce some buffeting when near other vehicles. This little bugger actually has me in pretty clean air. I found myself riding with my visor up around town and it rests well below my line of site. I think I'm going to cancel my order and get the engine guard instead.

If anything, I'd like to refashion the aluminum plate so that it has a more vertical base for the airfoil clamp. I can lock the handlebars, but it touches at full lock and I don't like that. That's with the PowerMadd hand guards, though. It'll probably be fine with naked bars or with a more rearward handlebar setup.

This afternoon I finished installing the light bar, which on the fun scale, is right up there with using battery acid for eye wash. Then when I pushed it off the centerstand to wheel it back into the garage, it rolled off as it should, but the centerstand didn't spring up as it should. Now I've got to find out what I did wrong when installing it. It worked before, doesn't now, and it sure can't be ridden with a hanging centerstand. But on the good side, the new skidmarx hugger in carbon fiber arrived today, so I might have time to install it soon if I can get the centerstand issue worked out.

I installed the center stand I ordered from the Honda dealer today. I put the pivot axle through first, installed the small spring using a bent piece of coat hanger and a wooden handle I fashioned, then pried the big hook on with a SnapOn bogger hook. Easy peasy.

I did NOT have to loosen the muffler bolts to install the spring hook. You can install the if you have nimble fingers and patience.

My two bikes look kool standing upright on their center stands next to each other - my 81 Honda cb900c also on its center stand. Technology sure changes in 30 years. They complement each other sitting there though. Ahhhh....garage riding. ;)

Indeed. I figured you were involved in aviation... the garage riding gave it away :) They usu say "hangar flying"

Installed the skidmarx hugger and lower wind deflectors today. Also noticed that the upper deflectors won't work with the Honda light bar, not enough clearance. Hopefully the parts dep't will accept them back. And, of course, found more damage done by the moron at the dealer.

2013-01-09-17.34.20.jpg
Installed the skidmarx hugger and lower wind deflectors today. Also noticed that the upper deflectors won't work with the Honda light bar, not enough clearance. Hopefully the parts dep't will accept them back. And, of course, found more damage done by the moron at the dealer.

Glen,

The upper deflectors do work with the light bar. You'll just have to move whatever side light bar out of the way. Take a look at my bike.

Last edited:
I rode in the same weather as deedub.
Bitter, cold, northern VA air this morning and afternoon. Heated grips were nice as were the air deflectors, but the electric blanket I'm under right now is REALLY nice. It was a brutal day to ride. The moment I got to work, I placed an order for Bark Busters. They come in Thursday. Now when does my heated Corbin seat come in?!

I hear you there. We've got some uncharacteristically cold air here in VA this week. I'd Ride the XD, but I'm still waiting on my grip heaters to show up. At this rate, hopefully I'll be able to install them in my garage but with these temps, I'm not sure. I did get a windshield figured out though. No deflectors. I do have handguards though... just not much use without grip heaters. Still waiting on a topcase. I think Givi has shut down for the winter or something, hehe. I feel like I'm missing out on some riding time here.

17F both directions for me today. God bless heated grips, heated gloves, windshields and wind deflectors!

Lucky you... Take a look at the temperature we have here in Québec (Canada) this morning:

meteo2.jpg

Guess where my bike is right now ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back