• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I will just go out into the garage and look at it. It sleeted here last night and is like an ice rink so no driving, cars or bike. However, tomorrow morning first thing I am ordering a center stand to put on it. Getting it from my dealer at about the same price I can find one on the internet. Dealer gives us a discount on parts and labor. And it is 20 miles away.

Today I will just go out into the garage and look at it. It sleeted here last night and is like an ice rink so no driving, cars or bike. However, tomorrow morning first thing I am ordering a center stand to put on it. Getting it from my dealer at about the same price I can find one on the internet. Dealer gives us a discount on parts and labor. And it is 20 miles away.

I've not seen a dealer sell a centerstand for under the $107.22 (free shipping) price from Procaliber.com. Web!ke from Japan is a little cheaper yet ($74.24 plus ship), even with the shipping cost. You have a very good dealer if he beats those prices, and I would patronize them, too.

Last edited:
I will find an online price and take it to the dealer and see if they match. Also need to consider shipping, plus I get to go to the dealer and look at bikes.

Making payments means you've got the bike now, that was the biggest hurdle for me now the extras and riding when ever you can

made my first payment.. 59 to go....

:cool:

Congrats! I made my first payment last February 1, 2015. I made my last payment February 8, 2016. The last payment felt much better than the first. Now I am just waiting on the paperwork to get the lien off the title.

First, I rode it few miles to have coffee with the local "Elderlies" and then back home where I ordered a center stand from my local dealer. They give me a discount on stuff and labor so if their price is reasonably close to the internet pricing I give it to the local vendor. Should be in by Friday and will put it on after I get back from a trip to New Orleans, LA. Leaving Sunday and returning Friday so that weekend will be putting the new center stand own. No snow this morning, temp was 36*F. and rain coming this afternoon. Grab a ride when you can.

Participating in the Big Money Rally (a five month scavenger hunt all over the US: BMR 2016: There is a road, no simple highway…) so plotted and rode a 1,029 mile route Sat-Monday with my husband. He's on a BMW GSA and I have no problem staying up with him. Started in the rain in western WA but finally rode out of it by Saturday night at the eastern end of the Columbia Gorge. Had lovely weather as we meandered over to Lewiston, Idaho before turning north towards Spokane and then west again home to Snoqualmie. Hopped on it today for a quick ride to our local post office to grab another bonus (a word of the day bonus: Washington). Have put over 5,000 miles on the bike since I purchased it (barely) used in December and each ride reminds me why I love it. Spend far too much time creating routes so I can get back out there!

Rode about 200 miles today with a small group, two HDs, a Honda Shadow 750, a Kawi 636 and my NC.
I rode lead most of the day, today was one of those days where things just feel right.
I was cruzin' through some windy bits when I checked my mirrors and no one as there ... stopped on the side of the road and waited for others to catch up.
It was in the 70s and the bugs think its spring, many carcasses to clear when I got home.

Recovered my saddle with the Seat Concepts "low" option. Will test it this weekend. Couldn't quite get all of the wrinkles out.

Last edited:
Rode about 200 miles today with a small group, two HDs, a Honda Shadow 750, a Kawi 636 and my NC.
I rode lead most of the day, today was one of those days where things just feel right.
I was cruzin' through some windy bits when I checked my mirrors and no one as there ... stopped on the side of the road and waited for others to catch up.
It was in the 70s and the bugs think its spring, many carcasses to clear when I got home.

Hydrogen Peroxide in a spray bottle is your friend for removing bug bodies. Walmart and the big drug store chains carry it.

Rode into work today. 50 degrees at the house when I left, should be just over 60 for the ride from work. Home? Nah, think I want to put a few miles on instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back