• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched from my vStream back to the stock screen and removed the plastics from the Barkbusters, getting pretty warm these days.

took the bike on 5 day vacation ride with my bro ... hit the Dragon, Diamondback, the blue ridge down to Highlands. Great trip ... encountered SNOW on the Cherohala mid-day on May 5th! Never had to ride in that before. Great trip, bike did great.

IMG_1308.jpg
1112471.jpg

Installed a Danmoto exhaust on Rose. She now has a fantastic note while going down the road! And to boot it looks far better than the OEM exhaust pipe.

danmoto.jpg

took the bike on 5 day vacation ride with my bro ... hit the Dragon, Diamondback, the blue ridge down to Highlands. Great trip ... encountered SNOW on the Cherohala mid-day on May 5th! Never had to ride in that before. Great trip, bike did great.

View attachment 29626

Thanks for posting. Just looking at this pic, is your chain a little tight ? I assume You were accelerating in the pic.

Just adjusted the chain before the trip (while changing the tires to the PR4's) ... it's in spec. I need to adjust the suspension ... the extra weight of me in full gear and the loaded bags hasn't been accommodated.

[video=youtube;Uat-XVL5asU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uat-XVL5asU[/video]

Setup in the helmet involving my Sena 10C, boom mic (first time trying it) and the Sena Phono adapter for earbuds. The hardest thing to find were the earbuds with a short cord. Finally got one, 15" and thick cable.

Shows the helmet and cam, everything on the helmet and on me, then a short ride to test out the boom mic in regards to wind, road and bike noise and actual speaking. I am liking the new set up, easier on the ears (hated the speakers) and quieter in regards to noise.

I will be making an adjustment on where the mic is positioned, but it wont be much. Just want it a bit further away from my mouth in the helmet.

1080 @ 30 FPS.

I like the 720 @ 60 FPS better, and will be defaulting to that after all this, but the beginning was shot at 1080 @ 30 FPS, so I just kept it the same.

I had a new custom seat built for my NC. I was going to go with a Russell Day Long, but wasn't excited about the wait. I was whining to a motorcycle friend and he suggested a local guy--about 15 minutes from my house. I dropped off my bike on Monday morning and picked it up Saturday. I've been busy and it's been intermittently rainy around here so I haven't put many miles on it, but it seems perfect.

nc700seat.jpg

It was $535 and the guy is in Fort Collins, Colorado for any of you local types. He mentioned that he's booked out 4-6 weeks at this time.

PS. I've also got a set of bar risers and a Madstad 20" windscreen to install. My riding will be a bit sporadic this summer--lots going on--but I'm looking forward to the season.

I removed the Wilbers shock and began a thorough cleaning in preparation for trade in :(

I must admit that after four years, three riding winters and 34,000kms on sometimes salty roads, it is in very good nick indeed. Photo taken this minute.

P1040995.jpg

Given that my NC is resting pending its new owner, I took this old girl out for a spin. Beautiful day and good to be alive and on a bike ! It gave me a proper fright at one point in the journey though. I was passing out a car on a local road and was getting ready to pull back in front of him when I lost all power. Fortunately he realised I was in a spot of bother and backed off, allowing me to pull back in front of him while all the time slowing. The just as suddenly as it cut out it fired again and off it went. That cured me of passing cars for the day, but it didn't happen again. I think the ignition switch is at fault and if not that, then the ECU (or its equivalent in 1989) is faulty. Not unheard of. Anyway, apart from that I had a lovely spin out......

P1050003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back