• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rack + cases!

9DMp3Iw.jpg

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...us-honda-nc700x-saddlebags-23.html#post164530
Looking good, I like the side cases

My sense of humor with trying to make the NCX work for me, ran out yesterday. With no professional tech support/dirt bag Honda dealers around here, and what's been going on with it; I traded it off for "something else" yesterday. lol
I have some stock parts, and add on's left for NCX''s, and will post them for sale/free as soon as events around me calm down...ALOT!
Mike, (LM-15) claimed dibs on the pannier racks though! :)
Thanks for all the help, advice, fun and friends I've made here, and I hope to see many of you out on the road still.
Eric, your mostly friendly Florida Feral-Cat.

Just upgraded my helmet from Scorpion T1100 to the T1200. Got it on sale at bike bandit 41% off. If you use promo code BBGWPNEW you get a free motorcycle cover

I rode it at a sustained 80mph+ on the interstate today for about two hours. 57mpg at those speeds.

Spent about a half an hour at the gas station explaining the frunk to a guy while gassing up and then again to another biker on my way out of the store. :)

The day's mission was to visit a deer park and pet a few friendly ones:

0a88b58b178301b1b4ea8952bb8ea14d.jpg

1f9f7446c8f8384c3a2ac837a89f4ef7.jpg

I rode nearly down to Alabama today and picked up the Natchez Trace Parkway on the way back. About 4 hours in all...good times. I want to take pics of the places I see on my NC, but that requires stopping and there's no fun in that. LOL

I tried to beat my economy record of 83 mpg on the DCT bike but came up short at 82.7.

I thought you hit the 90's on your manual. My CRS is getting worse in my old age I guess. My best was 83.6 mpg with over 260 pounds of tools gear and rider on my pack mule. 670cc, bemmerphile and and a couple of others hit the 90's iirc and another that beat a 100 mpg.
Here lately, I mostly ride to work and it's hard for me to get 60 mpg doing 75 and 80.

I thought you hit the 90's on your manual. My CRS is getting worse in my old age I guess. My best was 83.6 mpg with over 260 pounds of tools gear and rider on my pack mule. 670cc, bemmerphile and and a couple of others hit the 90's iirc and another that beat a 100 mpg.
Here lately, I mostly ride to work and it's hard for me to get 60 mpg doing 75 and 80.
I did have a tank at 94.5 on the manual. The DCT is a bit heavier and has the big Madstad screen pushing a bigger hole through air compared to my manual NC. I get you on the real world usage figures. Back in April I was fooling around with preparations to complete that Bun Burner 1500 and burned a few tanks of gas at 75 to 85 mph in order to accurately fix the mpg then rode the BBG attempt. My Fuelly average dropped 3 mpg to 60 something during that time. It's slowly coming back up.

UPS man delivered my Dan Moto Jisu exhaust today, installed it immediately! Much improved sound over the stock muffler, and shed a few pounds at the same time. Went back and forth for a while between the Jisu and the XG-1, but in the end I didn't want the exhaust to be too loud. Easy to install, even though the instructions are very, very generic. Bending the support bracket took the longest time, but overall 30 minutes and I was done. Sounds great! Not too loud, but not quiet like the stock exhaust. Best $145 spent on the bike so far.

IMG_0057.jpg

This past Sunday, after mowing grass, decided to go ride the bike when the temps got into the 90s (F).
I rode thru southern Indiana until I got to Maukport, then rode from Maukport to New Amsterdam on River Road.
[video=youtube;JxRsALZMbjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxRsALZMbjs[/video]
[video=youtube;luNpya8cCdM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luNpya8cCdM[/video]

After riding into Maukport, rode east to Hwy 135:
[video=youtube;wxb2gnTYi0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxb2gnTYi0Y[/video]

Got to Hwy 135, then boring ride up to Salem Indiana and over to the house (14 miles from Salem).
Bike didn't care it was 102'F when I got back to the house (my outside thermometer, the outside temp gauge on the Prius was 100'F, but it was parked in the barn)-ran like a champ.

I installed the Sargent seat. About to go for a ride.

Rode about twenty miles, it is more comfortable than stock, but does not seem to completely solve the forward slide. There is a slight pressure point at the top back of my legs.

Last edited:
Installed a new rear tire today. New chain and sprockets last week. Now it's ready for a trip next month.

Bent the shift lever back after I dropped it in the driveway. I put the bike on the kickstand to get off and enter the code to open our garage. I get back on the bike, automatically put the stand back up, and realized that the door hadn't opened. Not realizing that I just put the kickstand up, I try to get off the bike and it doesn't stop leaning where it should. She pulled me down, and I had a good laugh. She's all good now.

Bent the shift lever back after I dropped it in the driveway. I put the bike on the kickstand to get off and enter the code to open our garage. I get back on the bike, automatically put the stand back up, and realized that the door hadn't opened. Not realizing that I just put the kickstand up, I try to get off the bike and it doesn't stop leaning where it should. She pulled me down, and I had a good laugh. She's all good now.

Ah don't feel bad, I did something similar with my brand new bike already.

I put the kickstand forward, leaned the bike on it, turned the handlebars, locked them, DCT brake applied.
Move to get off the bike and the kickstand folds backward, apparently it was not all the way down due to an irregularity in the pavement of my parking lot.
I couldn't keep it up, not with the steering locked, best I could do was lay her down gently. ("This is why we can't have nice things!")

Luckily I had all the protection bits bolted to it about an hour after driving it home from the dealership for just such a thing, so the only damage was a scuffed up barkbuster plastic guard which now adds character to the bike. If you don't have a scuffed up handlebar guard you should get some sandpaper and take care of that now, or drop your bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back