• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a Russell Day Long, you best to be a six foot or taller person. Otherwise you will fall over quite a few times, as your feet will not touch the ground. The real Russell Day Long seat raises the seat to ground measurement about 1 inch. Russell does make a sports version that is a full inch shorter, but is not the comfort of the Day Long. A few folks have made that mistake over the years!

I'm 5 10 and and a 30 inch inseam. Although I do have to choose either to stand on the balls of my feet or lean to flat foot one at stops the day long has treated me well. If you are not willing to compromise being flat footed then the day long might not work. Once I'm moving I don't particularly care how much the seat is raising me. I'm also not carrying anything but myself so it is still fairly easy to balance at a stop.

DSCF3228-P_zpsyflq7arb.jpg

I added some lights to the front:
20161120_090954.jpg

These the lower lights are a brighter than the headlights, but not so bright that they'll get me pulled over. So, they're on constantly when the bike is running. I like how they follow where the front tire is pointed; pretty handy for slow speed maneuvers in the dark.
20161120_090900.jpg

These upper lights are much much brighter and are wired to a switch on the handlebars for when needed.
20161120_090910.jpg

View attachment 31835

These the lower lights are a brighter than the headlights, but not so bright that they'll get me pulled over. So, they're on constantly when the bike is running. I like how they follow where the front tire is pointed; pretty handy for slow speed maneuvers in the dark.
View attachment 31833

These upper lights are much much brighter and are wired to a switch on the handlebars for when needed.
View attachment 31834
I like the lower lights, especially where you mounted them

Used my Frunk to get oil for the Monster. I rescued this 2001 M900, it had not run in 7 years. Wow, this thing likes to lift the front wheel.Monster.jpg

The snow is here. Gotta make room for the cars in the garage.
1.jpg
Fill up the NC with Premium no ethanol for the fifth time.
2.jpg
Use the right amount of stabilizer. This is the good stuff from Canadian Tire.
3.jpg
Move baby up into the corner, it will block the man door but that's okay it's winter.
4.jpg
Speaking of baby, go visit the grand children.
5.jpg
Lower the Madstad, take off one mirror, plug in the Battery Tender.
6.jpg
Wrap it up.
7.jpg
8.jpg
Plenty of other crap needs to go somewhere.
9.jpg
Good night baby see you in April.

The snow is here. Gotta make room for the cars in the garage.
View attachment 31837
Fill up the NC with Premium no ethanol for the fifth time.
View attachment 31838
Use the right amount of stabilizer. This is the good stuff from Canadian Tire.
View attachment 31839
Move baby up into the corner, it will block the man door but that's okay it's winter.
View attachment 31840
Speaking of baby, go visit the grand children.
View attachment 31841
Lower the Madstad, take off one mirror, plug in the Battery Tender.
View attachment 31842
Wrap it up.
View attachment 31843
View attachment 31844
Plenty of other crap needs to go somewhere.
View attachment 31845
Good night baby see you in April.

you have that process down to a science! That's impressive :)

View attachment 31835

View attachment 31833

View attachment 31834

I'm always a fan of more light. What models of lights did you use?
How did you mount the switch? I'm doing something similar and am trying to figure out how to wire a dimmer.

View attachment 31835

View attachment 31833

View attachment 31834

Ps. I love CZs.

How did you mount the switch? I'm doing something similar and am trying to figure out how to wire a dimmer.

Skenedesign makes a nice controller that allows you to set brightness levels at 10% increments for LED lights. It also doubles as the relay. Skene Design Motorcycle Visibility Lights

The bottom lights (generic fog lights from eBay) aren't on a switch. Since they're only 10 watts each, I wired them to be on constantly like the headlight.

The top lights (generic fog/spot lights from eBay) were way too bright to stay on with the headlight, so I wired a simple switch (generic 7/8" kill switch from eBay) to them and mounted the switch next to the turn signal.

A dimmer would be kind of cool. PM me if you find one that mounts to handlebars during your search. I might be tempted to switch mine out (no pun intended).

I wired my Denalis from the battery to the Denali on / off, then through the dimmer switch, so I can turn them off or dim them.

As soon as I put them on I noticed a difference in how cars saw me.

I got my knee replaced so I keep on keeping on riding. Just rolled me into room. So, I got up and walked the complete 440 so I can get out! This sure is messing up soome real good riding time!

Argentina - I will be there shorty, just a bump on the road delay.

Got to 40F, heavily overcast but without rain. So I got out and did 110 miles on the new Avon Trailriders, staying out of rain zones but often on wet roads. Seems like they are scrubbed in now and feeling great. The clip-on windshield visor/extension made all the difference with the +15 Ermax screen, rode open-face the majority of the time up to 80mph, so I'm set there too.

I wired my Denalis from the battery to the Denali on / off, then through the dimmer switch, so I can turn them off or dim them.

As soon as I put them on I noticed a difference in how cars saw me.

Did your Denalis come with a dimmer? If not, what did you pick up?

No. They come with just an on off. I wired them from that to the nc700 factory dim switch. It is just high low, I can not put them at, say, 32%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back