• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout II

Will you be attending Hillbilly Hangout III, 2nd weekend, April, 2016?

• Yes, I'm coming for the day or staying offsite.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
About this time Friday, I'll be recovering from a awesome lunch at Low Gap after enjoying some Shrimp Carbonara.

For those headed in Friday morning, it looks a little nippy, wear your mittens! :)

Jasper Arkansas Forecast

View attachment 23240

Can't make it this week and you had to rub it in mentioning the shrimp carbonera, didn't you. :mad:

As much as I want to come, I will not be able to make it this time. Perhaps in April or May next time? I'd like to make a 4 day trip out of it, but weather and work don't seem to be cooperating. You guys have fun!

I'm planning on attending.. Just bought a used 2013 NC700X (grey). I'll be with a friend on his Harley (I believe it's a soft tail variant... don't know all my Harley models..) Looking forward to the ride from Springfield. looking to be there before lunch..

Vaughn (cell 417 693 1546)

A late add, awesome! So we'll see you guys at Low Gap Café at noon on the 27th? And I ride with many Harley riders, good folks :)

12 volt socket installed (temporarily) in the frunk, bag is packed, fluids, lights and tire pressure checked and a full tank of gas...I think I'm ready!

Super excited to meet everyone and I'll do my best to make the Low Gap Cafe by noon.

belrix

Sorry to everyone...I wussed out. I left the house right before sunrise this morning and rode for about an hour. The temperature was just too cold and I got to the point where I didn't feel safe. It was in the low 20s this morning with a little snow for effect. I wish I had heated gear, or at least heated grips. Y'all enjoy yourselves and be safe.

Sorry to everyone...I wussed out. I left the house right before sunrise this morning and rode for about an hour. The temperature was just too cold and I got to the point where I didn't feel safe. It was in the low 20s this morning with a little snow for effect. I wish I had heated gear, or at least heated grips. Y'all enjoy yourselves and be safe.

No worries. I wussed out for the same reason without even trying to ride. As was forecasted, we had below freezing temps and snow flurries this AM. That wouldn't be too awful bad for a short commute, but I thought it would be a bad start for a 400 mile ride. Illinois in March could be 25F or 75F. It's unpredictable.

Last edited:

Dude it was 20 degrees and snowing ... You made the right decision. I left out of central Arkansas this morning and was in and out of light rain that eventually turned to SLEET. I was wondering what I was doing in that (I'm a fair weather rider). There's always next time. But yes, sorry the weather didn't cooperate better for you all north of the border. -Jim

Back